How to replace and reset a drum ? the way is very easy, please you learn the steps below.
Brother’s machine has separate consumables, toner cartridges and drum units. Make sure you replace only the drum unit and not the toner cartridge. If you want to know the difference,
How to Reset Drums on Printer Brother
- Close the front cover.
- Make sure the printing press is turned on.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Press All Settings.
- Select Machine Information and select Parts Life.
- Press the Drum Life option until the machine view message changes.
- Select Yes to continue resetting the printer
well now we will talk about how to replace the drum unit. here are the steps
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Then open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge assembly and drum unit from the machine.
- Press the green lock lever and remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unpack the new drum unit.
- Firmly insert the toner cartridge into the new drum unit until you hear it locked in place
Note: Make sure you insert the toner cartridge correctly or it may be separate from the drum unit.
- Then Clean the corona cable inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tabs from left to right and right to left several times.
- Reattach the toner cartridge assembly and drum unit into the machine.
- Close the front cover of the machine.
How to Reset the drum counter
When you replace the drum unit with a new one, you need to reset the drum counter by completing the following steps:
- Open the front cover.
- Press and hold OK for 2 seconds.
- Press Up arrow keys or 1 to reset the drum counter.
Replace Toner override
- Open the door and press the Clear/Back key.
- Press *00.
- Press OK.
- Do not choose anything for drum replacement. When the drum replacement menu comes up, press * and then 00, then press OK.
DCP-L2520DW, DCP-L2540DW, MFC-L2680W, MFC-L2685DW, MFC-L2700DW, MFC-L2705DW, MFC-L2707DW